As seen in THE NEW YORK TIMES - READER'S DIGEST - SPIRITUALITY & HEALTH - HUFFPOSTFeatured on NPR's RADIO TIMES and WISCONSIN PUBLIC RADIO When a painful loss or life-shattering event upends your world, here is the first thing to know: there is nothing wrong with grief. Grief is simply love in its most wild and painful form, says Megan Devine. It is a natural and sane response to loss. So, why does our culture treat grief like a disease to be cured as quickly as possible? In It's OK That You're Not OK, Megan Devine offers a profound new approach to both the experience of grief and the way we try to help others who have endured tragedy. Having experienced grief from both sides--as both a therapist and as a woman who witnessed the accidental drowning of her beloved partner--Megan writes with deep insight about the unspoken truths of loss, love, and healing. She debunks the culturally prescribed goal of returning to a normal, happy life, replacing it with a far healthier middle path, one that invites us to build a life alongside grief rather than seeking to overcome it. In this compelling and heartful book, you'll learn: - Why well-meaning advice, therapy, and spiritual wisdom so often end up making it harder for people in grief
- How challenging the myths of grief--doing away with stages, timetables, and unrealistic ideals about how grief should unfold--allows us to accept grief as a mystery to be honored instead of a problem to solve
- Practical guidance for managing stress, improving sleep, and decreasing anxiety without trying to fix your pain
- How to help the people you love--with essays to teach us the best skills, checklists, and suggestions for supporting and comforting others through the grieving process Many people who have suffered a loss feel judged, dismissed, and misunderstood by a culture that wants to solve grief. Megan writes, Grief no more needs a solution than love needs a solution. Through stories, research, life tips, and creative and mindfulness-based practices, she offers a unique guide through an experience we all must face--in our personal lives, in the lives of those we love, and in the wider world. It's OK That You're Not OK is a book for grieving people, those who love them, and all those seeking to love themselves--and each other--better.
Books From Witches For Witches
All of our books are carefully curated by witches for witches because they enhance or are enhanced by the practices of witches. We know that witches need excellent references across a broad body of topics. That's why our genres aren't just limited to books on magic, but also include books mainstream books on topics that interest witches the most....and some that are just more fun to read when you practice some form of witchery.
Here you'll find more than magical books like Wiccapedia and the Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells. You'll also find amazing references like the Encyclopedia of Garden Plants for Every Location or The Body Keeps the Score. We even carry fantastically witchy fiction like The Familiars and The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One.
We know that Witches Love Books, and our bookstore Loves Witches.
When you buy from us you are:
- Shopping Small: Our business just started in May and is owned & operated by just the two of us
- Supporting a Woman & Minority Owned Business
- Helping fellow witches
- Getting a great product to help further your practice!